Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Gold Coast

New pictures:

Mila, Karen and I at "Fish and Wine" in the Gold Coast

Afternoon at the beach at the Gold Coast

Lifeguard at Gold Coast

Brisbane city at night

This is what happens when you don't wear sun screen properly...

Trail in South Brisbane 

Ferris wheel at night

Ferris wheel during the day

My attempt at taking a picture on the city cat, of another city cat/North Quay

New updates:

1. I moved into my new place!  It's very nice and I'll try to post pictures soon.

2. School starts tomorrow-luckily, I don't have class until Tuesday, but it's going to be so weird starting school.  I've had almost 3 months off.

3. I went to the Gold Coast last weekend.  It's an area south of Brisbane on the coast, obviously.  I went with my friends Mila, Karen, Dave, Fredrik and Oz.  We stayed in a really nice hostel that was air conditioned!  It was about an hour train ride and another hour bus ride to the hostel.  Our first day, we went to the beach, went out to dinner and then went out to the bars.  Our second day, we checked out the surf competition.  Apparently, the best surfer in Australia was there!  It was really cool to see people actually catching the wave because it's so difficult.  I was freaking out the entire time about sharks, but I did spend some time playing in the waves.

The third shark attack in 1 week happened again in Sydney today-looks like I won't be getting in the ocean in Sydney!

G'day