Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Packing Fiasco


First of all, I leave tomorrow morning at 6:15 am! Eek! However, I have a long journey before I finally get to LA. In case anyone is confused, as most people have been, I am not officially leaving for Brisbane until Saturday, February 7th. Here is my itinerary:

Wednesday: 6:15 fly from Minneapolis to Phoenix.
Thursday: Pick up Grandma Prast and drive to LA.
Friday: Take Callie, and my cousins Jake and Sean to Disney Land.
Saturday: I finally get to leave for Brisbane!

Once I arrive in Brisbane, I will start my apartment search. Right now, I am homeless and it's making me fairly anxious. I will blog more when I actually get to Australia. I'm hoping I won't have too many crazy stories to share!

I finished packing about an hour ago and it will probably be the hardest part about leaving. My friend, Kelsey, came over and brought me a suitcase and gave me some very helpful packing advice. I originally had 2 50lb suitcases, a backpack and a carry-on suitcase to take. I did some "practice" walks around the house and realized I couldn't get more than 5 feet without having to rearrange everything. I knew that my arms would fall off if I had to take all my stuff up stairs or walk more than 10 feet. So, with careful planning, I left some unimportant things out and moved my stuff into one suitcase and a duffel bag.

I'm getting very excited about leaving. I will miss all of you very much and I will try to blog when I arrive.

Much love xoxo

Lauren